Monday, June 28, 2010

Better After


My new hobby is refinishing old furniture - take something old, broken down, ugly, destroyed... what others would see as junk and make it beautiful! My sister-in-law showed me this blog - betterafter.blogspot.com - and I am just in love with it! There are so many things that I want to do!

For my first project, I needed a new crib for Carter. Well, a new, sturdy crib usually starts at about $200 and it's up from there. So I found this old, chewed up crib on ksl.com and refinished it to make a matching set with the dresser that Bradley was working on...

So, BEFORE:




And AFTER:


For my next project - make a headboard and footboard out of closet doors...


3 comments:

  1. wow I didn't even know you had this blog till today sis! Hey they look great! You have a real talent! I can't wait to see the bed boards from doors! What a neat idea! Good luck! I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're boys are beautiful and so are you! I Love the crib. I am so hoping I can find one on line... because, yeah: cribs are so expensive!!! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete