Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I Live in Vegas

Wow, it has been a crazy couple of days!

Saturday LuAnn and I flew with the twins from Salt Lake to Vegas. I was expecting it to be stressful and traumatic for the boys, but they were such super-stars! They slept the first 15 minutes and were happy for the rest of the flight. I couldn't ask for more perfect boys. We spent the weekend cleaning and unpacking like mad. Where did all of this stuff come from! I don't remember it feeling like we had so much stuff when we were packing. But pulling it all out, trying to figure out where to put it all and cleaning all the dishes, etc. LUCKILY, we had Byron and LuAnn here to help for the first couple of days. Not gonna lie, I was so overwhelmed at first. I just didn't know where to start. But Byron and LuAnn worked like a tornado and made everything come together. THANK YOU!! I bawled like a baby when we left them at the airport.

Last night Bradley and I scrubbed the kitchen floor for two hours. It was soooooo dirty!! just walking on it in bare feet for 10 minutes I'd have black feet. But now it's squeaky clean. But cleaning those floors made me wonder, how do baseboards get so stinking dirty?? Who's hanging out THAT close to the wall THAT often?? Annoying.

So we're all settled in and loving our new house. We'll see how the next 4 years go...

4 comments:

  1. Glad you guys made it safe and sound! It's so fun having your own house. Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good to hear you made it. If it helps I'm sure LuAnn cried when she left you guys too. Can't wait to see the house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad the boys did well on the flight. and i'm really glad you had some help for the first couple days unpacking. i'm sad i couldn't come help you...after all the help you gave me when we moved! :(
    i miss having you so close! whenever you're lonely call or text me....yesterday was a lonely day for me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the updates!! Just need more pictures... I cant wait to come visit you in vegas!

    ReplyDelete