Saturday, August 14, 2010

I've Succumbed

I have officially succumbed to family pressure - the next step above peer pressure. Brittany and Ben started doing the Game On diet and tried recruiting the rest of the family. But I held strong. My mom was the next to go. Then, talking to my dad yesterday, even HE has started the new dieter lifestyle and has lost 15 pounds in just over a month. So, today is day one. I just finished a whole cucumber. Luckily I like cucumbers. I like all vegetables, in fact. Otherwise I'd be really depressed right now.

But really, I'm actually excited about this diet. I have 15 pregnancy pounds to lose and they just haven't slipped off of my body with no effort on my part, like I was hoping. So now I'm trying a new and completely original approach. Eating well and exercising. I think it will revolutionize my lifestyle. My parents say that Brittany is a new woman - both she and Ben look better than the day they got married. And my dad is super trim now. And, sorry mom, but she's always a skinny-minnie, so she's still just in perfect shape. Poor Mom.

My goal - to be like Jenna. Except I can't find the part of this diet that actually makes you younger. Not just look better, but actually GET YOUNGER. Don't get me wrong, I'm still pretty young. But where did all of my energy go? You'd think I was an 85 year old woman. So I'm hoping this diet can shift me back to being 16 again...

So for all to see - 6 months post-partum, 147 lbs... I'll keep you updated...

3 comments:

  1. ha ha. i can totally relate with wanting to be younger. that feeling just started this year....up til now i've wanted to be older. now i want my youth back...young body--no stretch marks, sun spots, wrinkles or muffin top. ah...we can dream. go you on dieting and exercising! i need to step up my game! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! Keep us updated! You can do it! It only takes a few weeks for something to be a habit, so I figure you are right on track! :) I love that you have a blog!

    ReplyDelete